April October Lehigh Valley Chapter Tasting
To Decant or Not To Decant?
Sunday, April 19th, 3:00pm
Sunday, October 11th, 3:00pm
DiFiore's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant
5608 Route 873
Hosted by Ann Vlot & Matt Green
The "To Decant or Not To Decant?" tasting has been postponed until October. All current registrants will receive refunds. Registration for the October event will open in September.
"To Decant or not to Decant?". With apologies to Shakespeare, this is so often the question on the minds of wine lovers. Let's learn together. Each flight will have the exact same wine in both glasses however, one will have been decanted and the other will not.
We would like you to join us at DiFiore's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant located at 5608 Route 873 Schnecksville, PA. Sunday April 19th. The tasting will begin at 3:00 with no ice breaker. Some of the wines to be tested include a 2012 Burgundy, 2012 Napa Valley Cabernet, 2013 Altesino Brunello. We will give a big test to decanting by opening a 1973 Brunello. Plus a few more.We will order off the menu after the tasting. $27/per person covers the cost of the wines, and you will pay for what you order from the menu. You can register online or, if you prefer the good old fashioned way, you may send an email followed by a check to Ann Vlot 8979 N. Loop Road Slatington, PA 18080. AnnV3@aol.com. Deadline to sign up is April 13th. Attendance is limited to 42.
Please bring two wine glasses and a bottle of wine for sharing with friends over dinner.