January Lehigh Valley Chapter Tasting
Saturday, January 30, 1:00 PM
Hosts: Dean and Bonnie Scott
Register online at LVAWS.orgYou are invited to join hosts Dean and Bonnie Scott with winemaker Richard Blair for a private LVAWS tasting at Setter Ridge Vineyarsds. This will be a hybrid tasting: up to 20 members can meet at the winery (99 Dietrich Valley Rd, Kutztown) and all other members can join on ZOOM.
Setter Ridge is known for their Pinot Noir. So, the tasting will include a tour of the winery and a vertical tasting of 6 Pinot Noirs. We will be tasting:
14 Pinot Noir, Richard J Vineyard
14 Pinot Noir, Stonehedge Vineyard
15 Pinot Noir (no vineyard designation)
16 Pinot Noir Reserve
16 Pinot Noir, Richard J Vineyard
16 Pinot Noir, Stonehedge Vineyard
If you are participating through ZOOM:
- Register on LVAWS.org by December 30. After registering, you will receive the ZOOM link (this will be different than the BYOB link).
- Make arrangements for the wine by contacting Dean by December 30. Setter Ridge will make special 375ml (1/2 bottles) of the 6 wines for $67.14 OR you can buy the 6 (750ml) bottles of wines (price to be determined). Wine can be picked up at the winery OR email Dean and he will meet you for delivery. Dean’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will pay the winery or Dean directly.
If you are participating in person:
- Register on LVAWS.org. This option is only open to the first 20 members who register on-line. There will be a waiting list on the website and you will be notified if a seat becomes available.
- Pay $20 at the door. Because it is limited seating, no shows will be billed. The cost for the in-person tasting includes a wine tasting of 6 pinot noirs, cheese and crackers, and a rimless Setter Ridge Vineyard glass.
- Eat lunch prior to the event.
- Dress warmly. The tasting will be held in the fermenting room in the wine cellar. To properly socially distance, only 20 people can be accommodated. The room is around 60 degrees so members will need to dress accordingly.