July Lehigh Chapter Tasting
Pinnacle Ridge Tasting and Talk with the Vitner
Friday July 24, 2020 5:00 PM
Hosts: Dean and Bonnie Scott
Virtual Event on Zoom
Here is an opportunity to meet and speak with a wine grower and a wine maker all from the safety of your home. Dean Scott and Brad Knapp will lead us through a tasting of three of Pinnacle Ridge’s best wines:
- 2016 Veritas (50% Merlot, 40% Cab Franc, 10% Petit Verdot, 100% PA Fruit)
- Sparkling Cuvee Chardonnay (100% PA Fruit), and
- 2018 Dry Riesling (100% PA Fruit)
Because of COVID-19, this tasting and presentation will occur in the comfort of your own home, via Zoom. Directions and the link will be sent to you when you register for this event on the LVAWS website (lvaws.org). Brad Knapp, owner and founder of Pinnacle Ridge, has selected the wines for this tasting and he is providing LVAWS members with a discounted package. The special rate is $50 for the three bottles of wine (including tax).
Interested? There are two easy steps to participate:
- Register for the tasting by going to the Events Tab on the website (lvaws.org) and sign up. Your confirmed reservation will include the link to the Zoom site for the 5PM, Friday, July 24 tasting.
- Choose if you would like to pick up the wine yourself or meet Dean locally on July 21.
Order and pick up at the winery: After June 15 (so the Riesling is available), call 610-756-4481 and ask for the AWS tasting special wine package and pick it up at the winery (407 Old U.S. 22 Kutztown, PA 19530)
Order and pick up with Dean: Email Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org before July 20. He will pay for the wine and you can pick it up and pay Dean directly. Dean will meet members on July 21 between 3 and 5PM across the street from Tilghman Square shopping center in the old K-Mart parking lot.
NOTE: If you order online with the Pinnacle Ridge Winery website, you will be charged full price and not get the AWS tasting discount. You can call the winery, place your order and request the AWS tasting discount and pay shipping if you prefer.