September Lehigh Valley Chapter Tasting
Port and Food Pairing
Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 1:00 PM
Hosts: Leslie and Peter Staffeld
Location: Center Valley, PA
Register at LVAWS.org by Saturday, September 11th
UPDATE: Registration is now open. Please note that this will be an in-person tasting in our home, so social distancing will not be possible. Lunch will be served at tables of four, and the Port and Food Pairing will be at our dining room table, shoulder-to-shoulder, with all 20 people. We ask that those attending be both vaccinated and healthy.
Please join Leslie and Peter Staffeld in their home for lunch followed by a Port and food pairing. Together we will learn about Port wines from Portugal.
1:00 Croft Pink Port and Tonic with Marcona almonds and Mediterranean olives
1:30 Light meal of chicken fillet with raspberry glaze, buttered rice, green beans with almonds, tossed salad, and buttered roll served with chilled Aveleda Vinho Verde
2:15 Chapter Announcements
2:30 Tasting Eight Additional Ports and Four Paired Desserts
- White port paired with Pecan Nut Tassie
- Warres White Port
- Kopke 2003 Colheita White Port
- Ruby port paired with Salame de Chocolate and Pasteis de Nata
- Fonseca Bin 27 Reserve Port
- Taylor Fladgate 1st Estate Reserve Port
- Barao de Vilar 2011 Vintage Port
- Tawny port paired with Crème Brulee
- Porto Morgado 10-year Tawny Port
- Taylor Fladgate 20-year Tawny Port
- Taylor Fladgate 1970 Tawny (Colheita) Port
This is a one-bottle tasting, and therefore is limited to 20 people. The cost is $50.00 per person.
It is not necessary to bring glasses or wine.
Detailed directions and parking instructions will be sent in your confirmation email after registration.